Name:
Location: Australia

People often say "I really worry about what goes on in your mind..." which I'm sure is meant with love, not fear...I like to think of myself as a glass type full kinda gal, who likes sleep ins, spin classes (especially at the moment when the pain disappears), scary movies, first kisses, chocolate, hugs, innuendos, laughing so hard it hurts and dancing to your favourite song.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

tonight i'm going to party like it's 1989

Some people (nameless, faceless people who I don't know obviously...) don't appreciate 80s music. I just don't get it...The vague, disinterested snobbery. Like any cd released back when Michael Jackson was black is bad. (ahh pun not intended - but happy it's there) I totally respect that there is a lot of rubbish that is still sinfully played on golden oldies radio stations (Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey mickey...) and inflicted onto people at the end of a party and creates this incorrect stereotype that 80s music could be equated with the following adjectives; tinny, disposable,soulless and musically without merit. It's just not true. Like any other decade, there was some lows but there is so much that still withstands scrutiny and more importantly, just transcends the era. Ok I know I sound all gushy but I feel like I'm defending some misunderstood but supremely talented friend. Synthesiser and drum machine do not need to be regarded as dirty words....To paraphrase - "You're indestructible...always believe that you're gold!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

I agree. I also worry what goes on in your head.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home